CSICON, The Committee for the Surrealist Investigation of Claims of the Normal, was founded and launched to the public on January 1st, 2011, by Breki Tomasson. Its point, at the time, was to provide the Internet with a site that focuses on the latest news and opinions regarding movies, television, gaming, tech, society, comics and other things that may or may not fall into the convenient umbrella term of “geek culture”. Over the next two years, the site grew to a point where it became unfeasible to maintain, and was split in half. The podcasts stayed on CSICON.net, and the daily articles were moved over to geekpositive.com.
Apart from the great podcasters and guests who have made this page possible, a big debt of gratitude goes to the following groups, companies and people for making CSICON possible:
- Datakultur, the hosting company that carries the page.
- Elin J, the virtuoso that drew both our logo and our banner.
- WordPress, the software it is based on.
- Amazon’s S3 Solution, which further improves loading times by co-hosting all of our static media.
- S3Stat, for offering a great service to allow us to keep track of the traffic coming towards our Amazon S3 account.
- Google Analytics, for providing a fantastic service to obsess over visitor statistics.
- Robert Anton Wilson, for inventing the name we’re using.
And, of course, many, many, more.
c/o Breki Tomasson